To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 8:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] unseasonable cold front

Tonight is supposed to be our coldest of the past 3 cold nights, 21 degrees, then starting back up. A few new potted plants that were too far along suffered Wed night so I brought them into the garage. My Leonard Messel magnolia is bred for ability to endure late frosts and the blooms are still on it but droopy. The dafs and tulips are acting like garden peonies- heads in the soil. Tree and herbaceous peonies look good.

All of this is pretty rough on the plants but most will pull through w/out much trouble. If we'd gotten as low as Ceres did though, there would have been some losses.

Kitty