To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 07, 2007 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] unseasonable cold front

Well I am really at a loss here of understanding.

We always get hit with a hard frost late in the spring- which is why I
don't set out annuals or anything less than a zone 5 rating before mid
May in something I can't bring in for a night or three. My plants get
hit yearly, but rebound once the weather gets better. What I do lose is
fruit if the flowers get hit too hard, or some spring blossoms, but the
trees and plants survive. Hail seems to be my worse nightmare- the
leaves of the hostas look ratty all summer after being sliced by the
hail.

So ....other than tender plants- why do you think everything won't
rebound? My japanesse maple goes thru this yearly and normally looks
fine by June.....

I am really confused!

Donna