Re: Hanging bags

In a message dated 4/10/07 1:37:04 PM, islandjim1@verizon.net writes:

> To your best recollection, how much
> attention [watering, etc] do they require?

I have had only Impations in my own garden and a daily watering was rqd for
the most part.   We do add the water crystals to the soil which should help.
To plant a bag,   it is best to work at a table so you can lay the bag down
when working on it.   Fill soil in the bottom, shaking the soil down by bouncing
on the table and pushing with your hand in the bag making sure the bag has no
wrinkles and is filled cptly.   It is best to have plants with the smallest
root ball possible.   Plant the bottom holes and start filling again and
working  the soil.   Work your way up the bag and plant 2-3 plants in the top.
When the bag is planted cptly, water lightly in the top while holding in an
upright position. Then lay it in a flat that is placed in another flat with end of
the flat angled up on top of the bottom flat.   The top of the bag is
positioned in the raised end of the flat.   Water the whole bag with light sprinkles
and leave the bag in the flat position for about a week before hanging.   They
are very popular.
     Ceres