From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of james singer
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 11:29 AM
To: Garden Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Ah, spring...

Was awakened at 3 AM this morning by a thunderstorm. At 3:05, we had a
lightning strike--so close I could hear it sizzle and there was no
separation between flash and boom; they arrived simultaneously. I think
I levitated, right up and out of the bed. Next thing I knew, I was in
the kitchen and I'm sure I didn't touch the floor to get there. I've got
no idea what, if anything, it hit. Cautiously, I went outside, smelled
the ozone, and looked around. No damage, no fires, no nothing that I
could see. I know, at 3 AM you can't see much, even with a flashlight.
So I went back in, made a pot of coffee, and down-loaded the NYTimes

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10