Re: Ah, spring...

I was surprised. They didn't seem to notice. Squinty, who always complains if you can see the bottom of their food bowl, complained until I filled the bowl--and that was it.

On Apr 12, 2007, at 8:14 PM, Kitty wrote:

How'd the cats take it?

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 1:28 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Ah, spring...

Was awakened at 3 AM this morning by a thunderstorm. At 3:05, we had a lightning strike--so close I could hear it sizzle and there was no separation between flash and boom; they arrived simultaneously. I think I levitated, right up and out of the bed. Next thing I knew, I was in the kitchen and I'm sure I didn't touch the floor to get there. I've got no idea what, if anything, it hit. Cautiously, I went outside, smelled the ozone, and looked around. No damage, no fires, no nothing that I could see. I know, at 3 AM you can't see much, even with a flashlight. So I went back in, made a pot of coffee, and down-loaded the NYTimes crossword.
Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10