Re: Ah, spring...

NOAA says it's 87 at the Sarasota airport. My weather station says it's 86 in my back yard. Gotta go to the income tax guy at 4--it'll likely be 90 by then. Guess I'm done complaining about sweatshirts and long pants until December. Time for Ms Fatma and me to start arguing about the A/C setting.

On Apr 13, 2007, at 7:12 AM, Daryl wrote:

Doncha just love spring in the south? We're supposed to get it tomorrow. Last weekend it was 27, today's supposed to be 75. Tomorrow we're supposed to get blown away.

You're a brave man to go out right after a strike. I've been hit by lightning twice, and run inside now at the faintest rumble.

To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:28 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Ah, spring...

Was awakened at 3 AM this morning by a thunderstorm. At 3:05, we had a lightning strike--so close I could hear it sizzle and there was no separation between flash and boom; they arrived simultaneously. I think I levitated, right up and out of the bed. Next thing I knew, I was in the kitchen and I'm sure I didn't touch the floor to get there. I've got no idea what, if anything, it hit. Cautiously, I went outside, smelled the ozone, and looked around. No damage, no fires, no nothing that I could see. I know, at 3 AM you can't see much, even with a flashlight. So I went back in, made a pot of coffee, and down-loaded the NYTimes crossword.

Island Jim

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W