Re: nor'easter

Everything is still covered in a thin layer of snow this morning, but the sky is a pretty blue and the birds are scurrying all over the place.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris" <chrispn@optonline.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2007 8:34 AM
Subject: [CHAT] nor'easter

With all the cold, miserable weather, not much has gotten done in the
garden! Now with a nor'easter coming our way, I have no plans of picking up
all the debris that was deposited during the last icy, windy, soggy and
freezing days! After the storm passes, I'll probably have to do some
clean-up anyway. I hate the word "nor'easter" as that's when we get our
worst flooding and erosion. I've instructed my husband to bring the kayaks
onto the deck by the house and tie down the catamarans that are on the
beach. I'm going to fill some containers with water, check the battery
situation, do ALL the laundry, run the dishwasher, etc. just in case we lose
power or have to evacuate.  What fun!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)