Re: nor'easter

Our high today was only about 47 but it was a clear blue sky and calm so I did get some plants dug and potted. The rabbits ate my Spring Vetchling...grrrr. And my Glaucidium is there but struggling. Peonies are completely unscathed. Potted Astilbes in tatters; I hope they'll put out some new growth. Time will tell.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2007 8:47 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] nor'easter

In a message dated 04/15/2007 8:41:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
kmrsy@comcast.net writes:

Everything is still covered in a thin layer of snow this morning, but the
sky is a pretty blue and the birds are scurrying all over the place.

Glad it's passed for you, Kitty.  It's 39 degrees and pouring here.  The
weather forecase shows rain straight through Thursday, with a high for
the week of 45 degrees that day.  How can I get gardening done in
that mess?