Re: Progress report

The Home Depot where I work has a huge greenhouse, and we were able to put a lot of the plants inside. I was really surprised at the number of vendors who thought that watering their stock in advance would be harmful. They had to send a whole lot of plants back to their nurseries. We actually fared much better than the Lowe's near us. Yesterday I spent a lot of time "gently" removing freeze damage. I did notice that the Loropetalums had tiny baby leaves already.
zone 7
West TN
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 8:08 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Progress report

I was at Lowes to buy potting soil today, and like Home Depot, their
plants were pathetic. They of course ordered them early, and had no
protected place to store them during the "freeze week". Everything
they had looked terrible - even stuff that might have weathered the
temperatures was in terrible shape because the employees did not
water them. Sure wish there was a society for the prevention of
cruelty to plants!

Cathy, west central IL, z5b