Re: young entrepreneur

Very interesting, Auralie. Give them my best. As I understand the seed business on the non-production end, it's 90 percent marketing--and the web has greatly changed that and, no doubt, will change it a lot more in the next decade or so. Since he seems to know something about selling seeds on the net, an apprenticeship with a traditional seed merchant may be a waste of time. What he really needs to do is to develop reliable sources of the kinds of seeds he wants to peddle--and figure out all the goofy laws and USDA regulations regarding importing botanical material. [All that paranoid nonsense may well put his dream out of reach unless he moves to Spain and writes off the US market.] But the main thing, I think, is reliable sources. There are many indigenous people who make their livelihoods by gathering and selling seeds; the challenge is to find them.