From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Monday, March 31, 2008 5:58 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] I may have lost

my mind.........I just bought a house. Or at least I made an offer on a
house
and they've accepted. The yard is pretty cool with a good shade side and
good sun side. There is a huge stand of clumping bamboo in the back
yard. The
privets in front of the windows have to go. I'm going to replace them
with
Salvia greggii, as it is evergreen here. It is a 2 bdrm 1 bath cottage
built
in 1950, lots of character, but also a new roof and HVAC system. It's
VERY
cute and also has a fenced in yard for the boys.  I've been wanting to
do this
since I got back to BEaufort but just couldn't swing it yet, but now I
think I
can. Will take pics when I get there! Before and after, I promise. Now
my
Japanese Maples and camellias will actually have a home in the ground.
Hallelujah!

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC