Re: terra cotta pot warning

So sorry, Pam.  Sounds like you need some help moving big
Take care, Auralie
In a message dated 4/3/2008 5:20:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
gardenqueen@gmail.com writes:

For those of you who use terra cotta pots, don't ever try to move one w/out
gloves on.  Even if you can't see any cracks, it could break anyway.  I'm
speaking from experience.  Was moving a big one last night and and the
blasted thing shattered and tore up my hand.  That vein that runs along
inside of your thumb?   Laid it smooth open.  Oh well.   Fortunately I got
the bleeding stopped, put antibiotic goop on it, taped it up and wrapped it
so it should mend up fine.  So don't make the same mistake I did.  I
guarantee I'll never do that again.   This typing w/ one hand is for the
birds too.  Just a friendly piece of advice for my fellow gardeners!  :-)