To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:20 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] TN Blooms

I also had a bone spur that did the damage the first time.   This time, I
had a tendon that was reduced to 1/4 what it should be.  That tendon got
the supplemental tissue.  All this time was done with laparoscopy but the
tissue replacement scar is about 1 1/2 inches...others, where he tightened
up are much smaller.  My right arm was in a sling for a month; then, lift
nothing over 1 lb since. For the past two weeks, theraphy has been electro
stimulation and some very small stretching by the therapist and home
exercises.  Dr. wants the theraphy to move slowly to let everything heal.
I did better the third week after surgery...the pain was signifcant the
first three days...then, having to do everything with my left non-dominent
arm and getting my balance.  Hope you have someone to help you for the
first three weeks or so.