Weeding, woo-hoo!

  • To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
  • Subject: Weeding, woo-hoo!
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CG/SCSRT" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 11:15:19 -0700

So we got home from work actually on time yesterday and it was not
windy. Nor was it cold. Nor did I have to go rushing off somewhere, no
one was coming to our house either, and the livestock chores were
minimal.  After a brief unbelieving moment that all those things were
true I got into my grubbies and headed out to weed the dry garden.
I thought last weekend it only needed a couple more hours of work, it
will end up a little more than that but I have completed a big chunk of
it by now. All the weeds are grass and they are starting to go to seed
but I've gotten everything away from the front of the garden and what's
left is along the fenceline where it doesn't show as much. I'm never
going to get to where there is no grass, because the seeds will migrate
in from the neighbor's yard and get blown in by the wind, but this
should be a help in keeping it under control next year.
Gosh it was satisfying to see it getting nicer with every bucketful of
grass I pulled up. I was remembering how I was so happy about daylight
savings time coming earlier because I could get into the garden after
work but this is the first time I've actually been able to do it.

Cyndi