Re: Checking in...

OH MAN.....I am so sorry to hear that about Squints.

----- Original Message ----
From: james singer <islandjim2@gmail.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Friday, April 18, 2008 4:08:22 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Checking in...

First, the bad news. I don't have Squinty. She slipped her harness somehow,
got really spooked, ran off into the night. I tried several different ideas
to coax her out of the dark so I could grab her but none worked. So I left
her. I have now e-mailed several friends to please look for her hanging
around the house and if they can catch her to please take her to a nearby
shelter--there's one about five blocks from the house. Needless to say, I
feel guilt, remorse, and very sad.
For progress, I am now in the proximate east-west center of Texas, the small
town of Sonora, at a Days Inn the provides free wireless internet
connections in its rooms. So far I've covered about 1,600 miles--not quite
half the trek.

Wildflowers are in bloom in the Texas hill country. I wish I was comfortable
with taking more time here to get some photos. But I'm not.

More later.