RE: Gardening Again -- Finally

It's good to see everything growing again isn't it?
It was too windy to ride this weekend. We loaded up the trailer but a
mile from the house the trees were tossing and the flags at the grocery
store were straight out, so we turned around and came home. Saved
ourselves the gas and money we would have spent on the lesson. Or so I
I needed some stuff at the home store but decided to drop by a local
nursery first, just for fun. Hadn't been to that particular nursery in a
while, they used to cater more to the generic landscape trade but I knew
I could get some hesperaloe and salvia greggii there. It was a nice
surprise, they have changed the business a little bit and I found not
only those but also some saltbush (atriplex canescens) and screwbean
mesquite (prosopis somethingorother). I'm trying to get those very
things established on my back fence, so I had to buy some, so much
easier than the hour's drive to Theodore Payne nursery.  And a flat of
creeping thyme, hadn't seen that at the big box store, so I got it for
the teahouse garden. And as long as I was there, I just love those
Sophia marigolds... anyway we would have spent way less going riding. Oh
All that got planted, I finished weeding the dry garden (it's done! it's
done!) and started on the teahouse garden. It needs more work than I
thought, not weeding but damage control. The gophers have taken a big
toll, some plants really need trimming back and some just aren't working
out the way I wanted.
Husband spent Saturday installing a camera in the horse trailer. Now we
can see what they do while we're driving. Actually we already know what
they do (the hay net is full when we load them in, and empty when we get
wherever) but he wanted to see. I did have him hack out a bunch of weed
trees in the back and it looks ever so much better now.
Didn't get to the veggie garden. It is windy and much colder today too
so I don't know if I'll have the fortitude to get out after work, we'll