From: Cathy Carpenter <cathy.c@insightbb.com>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Tuesday, April 22, 2008 10:45:51 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] GOOD NEWS!

Speaking as a retired "lifer" (before I went RA, my staff called me
"the lifer reservist"), I must say that while it isn't for everyone,
the military is a very satisfying life. Yes, you go in harm's way, but
so do police and firefighters. For me, it was the sense of community
and mission that meant a lot, plus the opportunity to experience
different people, places and jobs. (Hey, if you can't stand your boss
or coworkers, you know that in a couple of years, either they will
move, or you will!) And of course, the retirement isn't bad.

Cathy, west central IL, z5b