Ah, spring

Spring has sprung here.  Suddenly it is very warm and everything
has burst into brilliant color.  But it's hideously dry.  I hope we're
not heading into a drought summer.
I spent the morning spraying with Deer-off in an effort to keep some
control of my garden.  People say it works.  I was not able to locate
it in any store around here, so found it on the internet.  Things had
become so bad I had to do something.  Chet used to work at spraying
for me - we had to change things about every six weeks, but kept
ahead of them - but he has not been able to do that for a couple of
years now.  Last year they ate everything they hadn't bothered before.
but when I found the lilies-of-the-valley, which grow up through my
black-top drive, looking as if they had been run over with a lawn-mower
I said enough is enough. I hope this works.  If not, I don't know what
I will do.
Then I pulled a bushel of garlic mustard and bittersweet.  Those are the
worst plagues here, and the garlic mustard is just getting big enough to
weed effectively.  Of course in my vegetable garden I must once again
make the choice between the johnny-jump-ups that grow everywhere - I
do love them - and the columbines (Aquilegia canadensis) that has large
clumps in the garden.  I just can't bring myself to eradicate them
completely, so try to leave them where I don't need to plant something
Unfortunately, I find I can't get through as much work in a morning as I
once did.  Old age.

listings at AOL Autos.