Re: Tornado website

  • Subject: Re: Tornado website
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 16:34:58 -0400

They just issued a tornado watch for us, and there's a line of red to the west about 40 miles. I hope it breaks up and goes away.

We're getting lots of big wind gusts now. They're saying to watch out for hail up to 3 inches in diameter. I had dragged plants into the greenhouse to be ready for the freeze last Monday, and I've left them there for protection now, even though it's a bit warm in there. I have a few hundred tomato plants on the screened porch. They may get blown away, but so far, only one hailstone has broken a roof panel in the last 3 or 4 years.

Stay safe!