Re: water plants

They are edible for human consumption too, according to my Edible and
Medicinal plant book.  My dogs eat them all the time.  Oddly my water  turtles and
fish do not.  They definitely are the BEST filtration there  is.  I too have
heard of quite a few small towns that had  great success with water sewage
treatment using these plants.   Also read in a "go green" article about folks using
them to purify their  gray water, for usage.  In places where they
overwinter, it is a great  idea, unfortunately they don't in most places.  They have
become a  huge problem here in the Gulf Coast area. which is why they are
illegal.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 4/12/2009 2:05:48 PM Central Daylight Time,