Re: zagreb coreopsis

  • Subject: Re: zagreb coreopsis
  • From: Maria <marolsh@verizon.net>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 18:59:21 -0400

Is it Gaillardia, Indian Blanket? They do very well here, too.

Maria in NE PA

I know what you're talking about Tricia.  My mother is from Buffalo,
Oklahoma, up near the panhandle. If plants can't take the heat then don't even bother. What are those flowers that are native up there..they look like they belong in the coreopsis family and they are yellow and maroon? Indian somethingorother. My grandmother could grow roses, iris, morning glories, four o'clocks and some kind of succulant cactus that flowers. (I'm brain dead today and can't remember anything...too much work in the garden and allergies kicking my butt). Anyway...it has to be really hardy to live in that area. I bet anything in the sedum family would make it out there?

On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Patricia Dickson