Spring?

What happened to spring?  A week ago we were bemoaning the fact that
because of the very cool spring weather we might not have enough horticuture
for our Petite Flower Show. Temperatures were in the low 50s with frost
several
nights.  We did put together a creditable show Fri.-Sun. (We are good
growers.
11 members produced 87 Petite Horticulture entries, of which 50 were blue
ribbon winners.) The weather was warmer on Saturday, but still gloomy.
Sunday
the temperature shot up to the upper 80s, and today it's 93 degrees at
nearly
4:00 in the afternoon. All my daffodils are frying.  Flowering trees and
shrubs
have burst into bloom, but the crab apple and cherry are already dropping
petals.
I had been saying that for once my careful choice of daffodils to span the
season
was paying off.  Some years no matter how carefully I have chosen, they all
bloom
in one week, but this year I had the first daffs more than a month ago and
there
are still masses of them - but they are going fast today.
A shipment of plants came this afternoon from Well Sweep Herb Farm, but I
don't think it would be a good idea to put them outside in this heat.  I
have
unpacked them and set them under lights in the cool basement, and they are
already looking perky.  It's supposed to be chilly by the end of the week -
real
roller-coaster weather - so maybe I can get them put out by then.
Auralie
Steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221621499x1201450105/aol?redir=

    http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=Apr