Re: spicy critters
  • Subject: Re: spicy critters
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:11:50 -0700

Yes, yes, cayenne. I have an indelible memory of watching a squirrel pick a ripe cayenne from my garden and run off with it.

On Apr 2, 2010, at 3:48 PM, Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI wrote:

Mmmmm, peppers! Probably gave those chipmunks a nice little snack.
Once I used cayenne pepper to try and deter my dogs from a hole they'd
been digging in the lawn. I think there was a gopher; they'd snuffle in the hole, then dig, I'd put the dirt back in but to no avail. So I used
quite a lot of cayenne in the hole figuring they'd get a good snootful
of cayenne and then leave it alone.
Next thing I see is the both of them licking up the cayenne from the
lawn. I know it was hot, I grew it myself. Didn't bother them at all.
Oh yes, and should you grow your own cayenne and want to make cayenne
powder...don't grind it up INSIDE the house. Just a suggestion. :-)