RE: Windy weekend
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: RE: Windy weekend
  • From: "Johnson, Cyndi D Civ USAF AFMC 95 CS/SCOSI" <cyndi.johnson@edwards.af.mil>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 07:52:41 -0700

In my garden tomatoes shut down fruit production once we get into real
summer (days over 95F) and don't start setting again until it cools
down. Eggplants keep on going as do peppers.
I've wondered if I would get more tomatoes if I set up shade cloth over
the tomato plants, maybe some kind of canopy so they'd be shaded in the
afternoon.

Cyndi