Re: Re: mystery plant

I think is is either carlesii orÂViburnum bitchiuense
Bitchiu viburnum
Very similar to V. carlesii, in fact when introduced from Japan in 1911, it was initially mistaken as a form of V. carlesii. Characteristics that set it apart from V. carlesii are narrowe
r leaves, a taller and more open habit, and the flower clusters are more loose. Leaves are a dull, dark blue-green. Flower buds are a very deep rosy-pink, opening to fragrant white flowers in late April. Fruits are red maturing to black, but as with most fragrant viburnums, sparse in quantity. V. bitchiuense is heat tolerant which makes it a good choice for the South, which explains why V. x juddi is considered to be more heat tolerant since V. bitchiuense is one of its parents (V. carlesii x V. bitchiuense). Zone 4(5).

Either way it is lovely : )