Re: miniatures/ hypertufa

Hello Kitty,
    My name is not Auralie, but I would like to jump in here. We have been
working on hypertufa troughs here for a while now. JoAn was give a book on
the subject some year back, then she took several lessons from a couple up
in PA. The last couple of years she too lessons from a lady whose work she
admired in Cincinnati, OH. Come September she is going to be teaching trough
building here at the nursery. Two Saturdays and two Sundays. Anyway.....
    She has several hypertufa troughs of various sizes in her garden. Mostly
with dwarf conifers and sedums, sempervitums and things that resemble hens
and chicks.I have been working troughs into my shade garden for the past
couple of years now. Everything gets left out in the weather year round.
Great for some mini ferns that get lost in the open garden. Also some
saxafraga I like and others. They are really "growing on me" and find myself
trying to work more in along the paths where they can be appreciated without
standing out from the rest of the plants.
    We certainly do not have any problems selling troughs at garden
shows.... very popular as are the plants that go in them, along with accents
such as fairies and small animals in weather resistant construction.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
www.munchkinnursery.com
genebush@munchkinnursery.com