Re: bronze fennel/Clerodendrum

Hello Zem,
    Had a landscaping friend bring us a Clerodendrum this summer in the back
of his pickup truck in full sun, no cover on the meager root ball, and the
plant about six feet in height. We just knew it was a goner. Planted the
thing after about a week or two of trying to make up our mind if it was
worth the effort. Seems it was. It is now in bloom. Wife loves the fragrance
of the oddly shaped buds and blooms. To me the foliage smells like peanut
butter... love that stuff and the aroma. He... the landscaper, was over this
past week to make the announcement that we need to be very careful of the
suckering habit... like all over the place. We can mow on 3 sides.....
suppose we can predict the rest of the story.......
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana