From: Ray & Nora Edwards [mailto: raynora.edwards@worldnet.att.net]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:36:54 -0700
Subject: Re: [CHAT] butterflies, etc

I will have to check that one out - thanks Gene. First I have to get
over<br>reading about all the chemical dumping in eastern WA. that was
supposed to<br>be good for the soil. There are some scary things going
<genebush@otherside.com><br>To: <gardenchat@hort.net><br>Sent: Saturday,
August 09, 2003 4:35 AM<br>Subject: Re: [CHAT] butterflies,
chilled, read "Oryx and<br>> Crake" by Margaret Atwood of The Handmaid's
Nursery & Gardens, llc<br>> www.munchkinnursery.com<br>>
----- Original Message -----<br>> > Do you live near crop areas? I f so
,I would put my money on genetic<br>> > engineered crops. Things like
B.T. in corn crops will be impacting<br>> > butterflies for some time I
think.<br>> > I read a watch dog report in OG recently that referred to
a report from<br>a<br>> > former FDA official who said that they are ill
prepared to monitor<br>> > Monsanto's GE crops. Currently they are
testing plants that are<br>engineered<br>> > to produce pharmaceuticals.
Corn spliced with pig vaccine strayed into<br>soy<br>> > bean crops
meant for humans. For the lapse they were fined $250,000 then<br>> >
they were given 3.5 Million interest free from the federal government
.<br>> That<br>> > should teach them! We should all be worried about
message text UNSUBSCRIBE