Re: Heuchera Division

>Would it be possible to just slice through the crown so each section (that
might have a new shoot) also gets a part >of the roots to go with it?

Kitty, my Mother takes one large heuchera clump, digs it up, and it just
about falls apart into thumb-sized pieces when the dirt is shaken off.
Probably gets about 25 starts at least from one plant!  She also snaps off
the dead parts, then just sticks the division in the soil.  I now have
heuchera as the border on the majority of my beds!  The more you pick the
blossoms the more they bloom.  I've never tried leaf cuttings.  I was a bit
intimidated the first time I watched her divide a clump, but it really was
easy.  Anyone needing a start, let me know.  Mine are green with pink
blossoms (here we go again - starts from someone else's garden who doesn't
keep track of names.....)

And to Melody and Ceres, I'd love to meet in DM or Ames sometime, since we
missed each other at the fair!  We stayed with friends that weekend that
have an RV space in the campground, and celebrated out 28th wedding
anniversary. DH even won a stuffed animal for me on the Midway.  Looked
great, tied to the backrest of the motorcycle on the way home....
Mardi
Iowa z4b