Re: Plant identification question

kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:
> Yes, Jim, you're right, I jumped on it too quickly because the Solenostemon has
> been a "hot" new item this year and I assumed (too quickly) that that's what
> she meant.  After rereading her message, I caught that Australian part, and
> realized that, hmmmmmm, 2 different plant coming onto the market with the same
> purpose where none was before, hmmmmmmm.  So I wrote a second message to CHAT
> to try to catch my error - did you get that one?
> Any ideas what her plant might be?
> Kitty
And I have nary a clue ! Genera which have species both in
Oz and Brazil (if the plant in question isn't intergeneric)
are quite uncommon, to my knowledge. Crinums I know are native
to every continent save Antarctica (and North America ?),
but that's a rare exception. Multi-continent genera are
a neat topic in themselves. But I ramble...
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA
38.9 N 77.2 W
USDA Zone 7