Re: Quote of the day

In a message dated 07/31/2004 1:32:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
judybrowning@lewiston.com writes:
I had the opportunity to be in a local production of "The Secret Garden"
several years ago as Mrs Medlock. I agree that it is not like the book, but
oh the music. I had the only nonsinging part in the show. That was
frustrating. They finally agreed I could sing backstage with the children's
chorus. Lovely show to do with a small group. My daughter was stage manager
so it was fun to spend time with her too. The children's leads were shared.
The little boys had never been onstage before. The girls had had chorus
parts. It was fun to watch those youngsters learn to speak & sing out. No
one talked to them of being scared & they just got hooked on the excitement
of it.

That sounds like great fun.  It's always a delight to see young people enjoy
activities like that - and who knows, maybe it will start them on a whole
career.  At least it will give them an appreciation for literature and the