Re: seedling mulch

> From: Kitty <kmrsy@comcast.net>
> Thanks, Dan.  I was planning on picking up some grit for planting
with bulbs
> for critter control.  I'll just buy it now rather than later.

FWIW, Kitty, I prefer the starter size for seedpots and the grower
size for mixing in potting soil.  Just make sure the grit has no
additives; I understand that some is sold with them.

I always top all seedpots and flats with grit; even use it outside
when I sow in prepared seedbeds; love grit:-)  If you have very fine
seed or seed that requires light to germinate, you can just sprinkle
it on top of the grit and water - the water washes it into the grit
just enough - seed loves rock bits....

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis