Re: Garden Projects

Wow, Chris, your garden paths and their plantings sound beautiful.  I  have
some meandering grass paths that I would love to do something creative  with,
but that's most likely not going to happen. I have one "sort of" lane  in a
shaded area that cries for hosta and ferns, but I'd have to import Sally  Ann's
Bambi deterrent before I'd ever attempt it.  Noticed today the deer  love
Confederate jasmine.  I spent the entire day pulling every native  grass from a big
bed, and I'll be back there tomorrow.  The upside was I  found a lovely
Talinum paniculatum (Jewels of Opar) growing happily near my  fence.  Guess it must
have been a gift from the birds because I certainly  didn't put it there.
The horticulturists from the experiment station are  coming to visit next week
so I'll be in weeding hell for a few more days.   At least the temps are
predicted to be unseasonably low for the next few  days.  Maybe I'll get lucky and
find buried Confederate gold next because  I'll sure need it to pay for all the
mulch I need now. <LOL>

zem
zone 7
West TN