From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of james singer
Sent: Sunday, August 08, 2004 4:25 PM
To: Chat
Subject: [CHAT] Jatropha integerrima

This is a wonderful plant that I've just figured out how to propagate.
Blooms all year [truly; no nursery hype] and is very adaptable--I have two
I'm raising as single-stem patio trees, one that is planted in my front
hedge [red flowers among the purple Mexican petunias and yellow shrub
allamanda], and--the most glorious of all--one that is espaliered along the
entry fence to the back patio.

I don't know how far north they will survive or whether they can become
house plants or over-winter indoors.

Anyway, if you'd like to try a rooted cutting in your neighborhood, let me
know. I plan to start a bunch more cuttings next weekend and will
accommodate all I have cutting-box room for.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.0 N, 82.4 W
Zone 10a