From: cathy carpenter [mailto: cathyc@rnet.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 19:48:48 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] gainful employment/burnout

What algorithm? One would think that it would take acuity into
L Browning wrote:<br><br>&gt; Well folks, in the last 3 days, my so
called 8 hour shifts have <br>&gt; stretched to<br>&gt; 9-11 hours with
no time for a lunch break. 5 hours overtime, or about <br>&gt;
an<br>&gt; extra day's pay for the 3 days. Not sure it's worth it. They
staff by<br>&gt; algorithm at this hospital rather than by acuity. I
fail to understand <br>&gt; how<br>&gt; paying 2 or 3 nurses overtime is
cheaper than paying an extra <br>&gt; assisitant. I<br>&gt; can afford
to work only 6 days every 2 weeks, and can't afford to work <br>&gt;
more,<br>&gt; emotionally or physically. A lot of nurses choose to take
other, less<br>&gt; lucrative work because of the killer stress
involved.<br>&gt; Getting off my soap box, thanks for letting me
vent.<br>&gt;<br>&gt;
Support hort.net -- join the hort.net fund drive!<br>&gt;

    http://www.hort.net/funds/<br><br>

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com