Re: pics

Maybe they came with Quick Time.

On Tuesday, August 17, 2004, at 10:45 AM, Kitty wrote:

Marge - it's not clipart, it is superb photography. And it definitely did
not come with my HP scanner. The files are dated May of 2002; I bought the
scanner almost 7 yrs ago.

I have one photo program that claims to open pic files, but says these pic
files are too complicated for it. The file extensions cannot be changed.
The images are all compressed. File # 2001 is a 141kb pic, compressed from
a 942 kb jpeg. Changing the extension just screws up the photo.

The Quick Time Viewer offers no saving capabilities, however you can copy to
your clipboard. If I want to save the photo with a usable extension, I just
open Photoworks, click on "New Image" and paste. Then save it anyway I
want. So, yes, they're usable - in a convoluted way.

The biggest problem is in the identifying.  As I said, they're in no
particular order and no names, just numbers.

This is going to really bug me for awhile. Where the heck did this come
from? I have an inkling.......may take a while to figure out.

Thanks for your help.

Kitty