Re: Yellowjackets!

Thanks for the suggestion, Marge.  I tried hanging a bottle of a strong sugar
water solution, even painted the top of the bottle with honey.  After two days
it has trapped one bumblebee - I don't really have a problem with them - but
the yellowjackets have ignored it completely.  They're still swarming the
hummer's feeder, but he seems to be a bit bolder about sharing.  The other
day they would actually chase the hummer - today I saw him chase one of
the yellowjackets.

In a message dated 08/21/2004 4:29:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time,