Re: Re: Pam's new pix on the tour/hardy hibs

In a message dated 8/25/04 6:00:30 AM, gardenqueen@academicplanet.com writes:

<< Good deal. If the tubers are big enough, you may want to try to
overwinter them like dahlias or any other tender bulb in your zone. >>

Pam, this made me think of an item of interest I heard the other day from a
radio gardening show broadcasted from the Ia St fair & talking of a salvia that
was used in the MG garden.  They said Salvia guaranitica 'Black & Blue'
developes a tuber that may be overwintered.  Anyone tried this or have knowledge of
this.  Which then makes me wonder if van houttii does also.