Re: Frances & TD 7

In a message dated 8/28/04 7:53:36 AM, justme@prairieinet.net writes:

<< We have been hit with nightly (and sometimes daytime too)storms this
week >>

Donna, we too have been receiving the rains.  I have never seen the farmlands
so green this late in the season.  The corn has not begun turning color which
is not good.  Not enough heat but certainly plenty of humidity. The past
couple nights lots of storms/tornado warnings about the state.
    Wed early evening I drove to Marshalltown (about 50 mi northeast of Des
Moines) to a conifer grower who lives on a 500 acre farm.  Conifers are their
side line.  Big storms hit that area just after I drove thru.  The sky/clouds
were so strange on my return trip.
After I got home my husband & I watched the fast moving clouds as some were
moving east and others moving north.  Lighting has been spectacular this season.
    BTW, I did purchase 3 conifers, a weeping Larix, blue Chamaecyparis & a
Picea.  My husband dislikes weeping trees so was not impressed with the Larix
and still does not like my weeping Norway spruce.