Re: Black & BlueSalvia

Well, now, Chris & Lynda, since I'm sorta between you two on the map,
guess I'll just have to toss a coin here and see what happens...and,
you're so right Chris, there are vast differences between zone 7
locations.  My Mom is z 7 in N. AL...and she can grow Amaryllis in
the ground as well as Canna...I cannot.  About 45 minutes south of me
- still z7 - you can grow Canna in the ground most winters.  My Mom
is z 7-B; the garden 45 min. south in VA is 7, where I am 7-A and the
cold end of that.

Now, Chris, you're much farther north, but have the warming influence
of water where Lynda is further south, but probably at a higher
elevation than either of us and no water influence...I have a minor
water influence, being so close to the Chesapeake Bay, but it's
really minor compared to those on the east side of DC.

Considering both of your reports, I shall be most interested to see
if mine survives...if I can remember, I shall report next year:-)

Thanks to both of you for the input.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Corydalis