From:  [mailto: Godigarden@cs.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:11:26 EDT
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Good Bread

Cathy,<br>When I arrived in the US in 59, there wasn't much else but
what I called <br>Kleenex bread. You know, the kind you could squeeze to
about a third of it's size.<br>Now we have several exellent bakeries in
the D.C. Metropolitan area. The <br>"Firehook Bakery" is one of the
best. They bake a "Landbrot" on Thursdays, <br>exellent, with the solid
bread feel you mentioned.<br>The only good German Restaurant I have ever
been to is Maders in Milwaukee.<br>Godi zone 7<br>Mt. Vernon

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com