From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Hollikft@aol.com
Sent: Monday, August 30, 2004 10:56 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Hi I'm A Newbie with a ??

HI I'm Holli, a really good friend Donna, had told me about this great
gardening group, so I decided to join up!  Havent had the greatest garden
this
year, but it was passable. I was disappointed this year, but the bees seem
enjoy it!  LOL
 Anyway I have a question..  I am loaded with POISON IVY, in the  back yard
and so is the family in the house behind me.  She did have  someone do
removal
tonight and then they were going to spray something in the  grown so it wont

come back next year.
Is there a safe way to remove it ... it really is in a bad area..it's by
the
pond and continues across the back of the yard and entwined in all my pine
trees.  And of course I have a dog.

Any suggestions?
Thank You
Holli LI,NY