Re: Collecting

What is there besides plants and books???   HA!  Just  kidding.  Actually I
really don't think I actively collect anything now  other than plants
......mostly epiphytes ( orchids, bromeliads, ferns,  etc), bonsai, caudiciforms, Tx.
native plants, and some tropical fruits (thanks  to Jim) .  I personally think
that people that collect, don't really do so  because they necessarily like
the items, it's more of an  addiction.  Hi, my name is Noreen, and I'm a
compulsive collector.   AGH!
In my lifetime I've collected so many things, many of which I no  longer
collect, others of which I add to on occasion, but unfortunately I think  I still
have all the collections, or at least that I know of. I usually  tend to
collect things that are difficult to find or limited, this way it  keeps my
compulsion to a manageable minimum (size and price  wise).   Geeze, do I really want
to divulge all this in  public???  Perhaps it's like therapy??  One good
thing, is that I've  begun to actually make use of things....well perhaps not
really USE them, but at  least display them and get them out of boxes.  What's the
point of having  things if they are in boxes, right??  But it makes me wonder,
why do we  collect things that really have no use???
The one thing that I do still actively seem to add to despite knowing  we
have enough already, although I would not call it a collection...but rather
accumulation, like the books.......holiday decorations.  I love holidays  and
decorating the house.  I think I like the change in scenery more than  anything.
Probably why I like plants.....each season brings on a whole new  look.  It's
like Christmas to open the boxes and take out the decorations  for the
upcoming holiday.  When I have to box everything back up again is  when I wonder
about my sanity, what was I thinking???   (smile)
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
In a message dated 7/28/2005 5:54:45 PM Central Standard Time,