-----Original Message-----
From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Chapel Ridge Wal Mart National Hearing Center
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 11:33 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT - History Lesson

David, that reminds me of my college days.  A friend of mine's family had a
stable and boarded horses.  Len was quite an accomplished rider and I got a
bit better over time as we rode.  His property was a mix of open land and
woods and steep ravines.  He always saddled up the horses for us.  On one of
our rides we stopped for a few minutes to chat.  Slowly  I began to list.
It all seemed like slow motion but it must have been quickly as Len didn't
have time to get to me.  And I didn't feel capable of stopping it.  The
saddle just spun on the horse and there I was on the ground in a heap.  Len
must have tightened the saddle well enough at the beginning or I'd have
fallen off sooner; it must have somehow come loose.  I'm glad it happened
while we were standing still!

Another time I was visiting a boyfriend who'd moved to Dubuque with his
family.  We went riding on some little motorbike - not a full sized
motorcycle.  I was on the back and didn't want to crowd him (not on the bike
anyway)  As he sped up a hill, I fell off the back of the bike - and NOT on
my keester.  Ouch!

Kitty