Re: Re: Collecting/ number of plants??

> Speaking of which, someone asked me
> the other day how many plant were in my front garden.  I was completely
> dumbfounded- how on earth would I know?  I have as many as I couple
> possibly fit there.  Does anyone acually know how many plants are in
> their garden?

Hi Theresa,

   I don't know off-hand, but I can easily find out.  I try to keep all
   of my plants in a database so that I know where they are, when they
   were purchased, and how much they cost.

   The tricky part is defining 'plant'.  I have a whole bed of
   Ceratostigma plumbaginoides (leadwort) that came from a 4" pot.
   Is that one plant?  :)

   This is one of the features that I hope to add to hort.net, although
   a lot of people have told me that they wouldn't find it useful.
   Personally, I find it invaluable when Romeo tears a plant label
   out of the ground.

Chris