From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of kmrsy@netzero.net
Sent: Tuesday, August 09, 2005 6:53 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: [CHAT] Success!!!!!

You gotta see this!  It worked!
I finally got up the nerve to check my cuttings. 5 weeks in the clear
box outside in a 1:1 mix of moistened perlite and vermiculite. 100%
success on Deutzia 'Mont Rose' and Weigela ' Bristol Ruby'! OK, I know
they are easy, but this is the best i've ever done even with them. I
also did a few of Rose of Sharon 'Blue Satin', Hydrangea serrata
'Bluebird', and Syringa tribida 'Josee'. I had already potted up the
Josees, which had only about 30% success when I decided to take
pictures.

http://hort.net/+12Ra

I'm just so tickled! Some of the others might have done better if I'd
taken the cuttings earlier; I did it about July 1. But I'm feelin good,
maybe next year I'll start earlier...with more boxes...on more
shrubs....you can't stop me now!!!!!!

Kitty

Kitty