Re: tonights event/moving

In a message dated 8/13/05 9:31:31 PM, hodgesaa@earthlink.net writes:

> I'm sure my Dad would get up
> at 4:30 am in a heart beat to go fishing

Andrea, my husband is working but at jobs that are not stressful or on call
24/7 as he was.   For 12 yrs he has taken care of some real estate locations
for a longtime friend which includes several strip malls & new developments.
He does the planting, trimming & caring for the plantings which does not
include grass, over sees the irrigation, cleans up the parking lots, chks for
outdoor light replacement, makes sure the parking lots are cleaned properly by the
snow removal companies & a general watchdog for the malls.   He does this
early, very early in the morning.   He also works for a car wash business 3
mornings a week but also does mgmt type duties for them 'as needed'.   The business
is located about 5 blks from our home.   He loves that as he knows so many in
our community and he is a peoples person.   This requires working outside in
heat & cold but that is where he would be regardless.   He gets so many offers
of work but does what he wants.   Our GDs get a healthy allowance monthly from
his earnings.   Both apply to schooling one to actual costs & the other to
savings for college expenses in a couple of yrs.
     I can't imagine what he will do when he is not able to be outside or
handle these jobs.   Hope your dad can enjoy life soon, too.