To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, August 22, 2005 1:18 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] OT Clouds

although it is a great sunset.. sure doesn't look
natural to us northerners...:)

Chris used to have some awesome ones over the plains
and fields... maybe he will provide a link if he still
has them online.

Donna

Clouds can be really interesting. We have great
clouds here all the
time. There is an artist in Sarasota [teaches at
Ringling] who seems to
specialize in cloudscapes. Some friends of Ms
Fatma's commissioned a
very large painting for up under the skylight in
their atrium. We went
to the unveiling. Awesome. The colors were a perfect
Gulf Coast sunset.

Here's what the real McCoy looks like

http://snipurl.com/h4u7

On Aug 22, 2005, at 11:23 AM, Chapel Ridge Wal Mart
National Hearing
Center wrote:

> We've talked about who has the bluest skies
before; Texas' big sky
> seemed to
> be the favorite.  Our skies here in Indiana over a
year's time are
> frequently grey, but we are experiencing some
pretty blue skies right
> now.
> You'd think after 40 yrs in the same place there'd
be nothing new or
> special
> about these skies for me, but yesterday, I was
thoroughly mesmerized
> by the
> clouds.  I'd never seen any like them anywhere.
They were off to the
> south
> and so solid, thick, and very white and their
dimensions, from the
> south sky
> down to the fields  made them look like snow
covered mountains in the
> distance.  I'd never seen clouds quite like that
before.  Lovely.

> Kitty

Island Jim
Southwest Florida