Re: columbia missouri

Tricia, I am very familiar with Columbia as my Mother lived there for the
last 25 years of her life and my sister and her family still live there. It is a
beautiful area at the foot of the Ozarks with some really great streams to
'float". In my younger years when i lived in St. Louis we made some wonderful
memories camping and floating the Current, the Huzzah,and the Meramec in our
canoe. Columbia is a college town with all the cultural advantages that brings.
The biggest of course is Mizzou but Stephens and Columbia College are also
there. The hospital associated with the U of M is well respected. I haven't used
the airport for some time but I think it is pretty good for that size town. I
know there is a regular shuttle to the St. Louis airport. My sister is owner of
Apple School which is a wonderful preschool they started in 1988. They also
accept older children after school and in the summer. Columbia is not quite 2
hours from St. Louis which offers just about anything you want. I love the zoo
and the botanical gardens are fabulous.Just north of StL. is Hannibal, Mark
Twain's home. Just south is Six Flags (oh goody). Seems to me they are zone 6 for
gardens. I know they are always about 10 days ahead of me in bloom times. Can
you tell I think this is a great town? Hope this helps. Kathy