Re: Extreme heat....floods.

Yeah, no joke.  Did you hear about the floods in El Paso????   Good grief, I
lived there for a number of years, it NEVER rained.  People  didn't have
landscapes, it was all xeriscape, desert landscapes, cacti was the  plant of choice
for gardens.  Didn't have a house then, but I had lots of  plants in pots on
a covered patio.   On CNN they showed pictures of  the Rio Grande River that
was overflowing....it never had ANY water in it while  I lived there.  So to
think that it could have THAT much water to overflow  is amazing.  It's not a
small river either.
They showed pictures of downtown El Paso, with rushing water several feet
deep.  Just amazing.  They got more water in one day than they do in  one year
usually.

We've been getting afternoon thunderstorms, but nothing serious enough to  do
harm.  Went to a Master Gardener program yesterday, had to take a detour
because the roads were still closed in some areas, still  flooded.    We are fine
here.   By the way, Jim, I lost  my Longan that I was so proud of doing so
well, also a Costa Rican  Naseberry......just too much water, I guess.
Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast

In a message dated 8/2/2006 11:03:22 AM Central Standard Time,